Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Welcome!

Hello. I'm rushing to get everything together before I depart at 8 o'clock tomorrow morning...talk about hectic! But, in the mean time, I've completed this blog that may end up being quite useful in the next couple years.

I'm going to give a short walk through and feel free to look around, provide some comments on what you like or don't like or what you'd like to see added.

1. On the right hand side of the page, you'll be able to find all my contact information. The information will change as I move around, but even as the posts get posted, this contact information will stay on the right hand side. Pretty neat, huh?

2. Also in the right side bar you will find emergency contact information, the current time in the Philippines and a useful (hopefully!) glossary to help everyone decipher all the Peace Corps acronyms and various phrases that I will undoubtabley learn once I am there.

3. Anyone has permission to comment on here or contact me if they'd like. In order to do this, you may have to sign in or follow some directions when you click on the comment link. This prevents spammers from filling up my blog with their annoying ads. In the future, if I get too much spam or unsolicited mail, I may take down my addresses...although, anyone who is willing to send junk mail internationally must be a very determined individual/organization and, therefore, I may be willing to purchase their shoddy, useless products and/or services.

4. Check back here often! This site allows me to post up pictures and links. If your even more tech-savvy, you can sign up to a RSS feed and let your computer tell you when I've posted...this might help you if you're a little obsessive and like to check people's blogs every hour for new content. Also, I believe you can sign up to receive an email every time there's a new post.

Other than that...I guess I'll get back here the next time I get a chance!

5 Comments:

At May 9, 2007 at 12:38 AM , Blogger Martine said...

Hi Mellen! Woohoo! I'm so proud of you! Thanks for sending me the link to your new blog. I will definitely check up on you! I hope you will meet nice people in the Philippines. Who knows, we might come see you some day. Take care now! Martine

 
At May 9, 2007 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Mike said...

I like your blog.

 
At May 9, 2007 at 7:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blog - great idea. Is it possible to post pictures of your adventures on here too? Can't wait to hear all your stories. STAY SAVE!!

 
At May 9, 2007 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

Coffee is prohibited? I'd love to hear the reasons behind that one.

 
At May 9, 2007 at 1:51 PM , Blogger tiny robot said...

OMG -- you're probably recovering from a plane trip right now, and the ensuing carrying of the 80 lbs of luggage... I hope you meet some nice folks at training, as well as in-country.

I know you haven't even been gone a whole day, but I'm already experiencing withdrawal. Be good and keep us posted!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home